Tuesday, April 3, 2007

God Style Freedom

Galations 5:1, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.”

What a great design and love is shown here. I am set free from sin for the express purpose of … being free! God’s love wants me to have spiritual freedom because that freedom is the best thing I could enjoy. I was made for it. This freedom was obtained for a heavy price – freedom always costs something. Freedom also comes with it certain obligations, in this case God wants me to live by the Spirit or I will not remain in this freedom.

A historical example: after the Civil Warm, may emancipated slaves still lived as slaves, the knew of nothing else they could do. They were FREE but they did not live that way.

I don’t want to live my live as a slave to this life.

I am warned not to use my freedom to indulge my flesh (all my wants, desires and feelings) but to always be listening for what God wants me to do, have a soft heart and DO IT.

Everyone is a slave to something, it’s just a question of who their master is.

No comments: