Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Real Deal

Exodus 33:15-16, “If your presence does not go with us, do not send us… What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the Earth?”

Moses was not trying to be like the world he was living in. He wanted to be different. The truth is, without the presence of God nothing differentiates me from the world I’m living in. I am nothing without him. When I walk apart from him, I look like everyone else.

This would almost seem a value to me sometimes – to be defined as the culture defines people – to blend in as well as possible.
What about God’s definition? What about the One who spoke the stars into existence? What does He think about me? Does His presence go before me? If not then let my cry be like Moses, “do not send us”.

No comments: