Friday, February 2, 2007

Death of The Firstborn

Exodus 8:15
“when I see the blood, I will pass over you”

The final plague God brought against Pharaoh was the striking down of the firstborn. It was also the most significant moment in Jewish history. This was the day when God told them who they were, essentially saying, “you are mine”.

The only way to be spared was to put the blood of a lamb on the front doorframe of your home.

It is interesting that God Himself hardened Pharaoh’s heart so no other plague caused Pharaoh to relent but this one – the death of the firstborn. It was only in the death of his own son where the Jews were set free.
And so it is with me. Through the death of God’s son I am given freedom. When God sees the blood of his Lamb on the door of my heart, he will pass over and not destroy me when I stand before Him. I have been forgiven.

No comments: