Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Now, you can stand

Joshua 7:10-11, [God said to Joshua], “Get up! What are you doing down on your face? Israel has sinned, they have violated my covenant…they have stolen and they have lied…That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies.”

God can do anything, but he will not align himself with sin, it is against his nature. I want to be a man completely devoted to Him and his purposes. I must devote myself completely to the ways of God. When Israel was divided (some were for God and some were for themselves – and thus against God), God stopped blessing and protecting them. I don’t want to be a divided man. My desire is to live for him 100% thus more and more sin must be removed from my actions.

I cannot do this alone.
In Joshua 7, Joshua needed God’s divine revelation to search out the sin in the camp and then they purged themselves of the wickedness. There is no difference for me. I must ask God to search out my heart, reveal the sin and confess it so I can be freed of it. There may be much more to fully getting free but if I continue to seek him I too will be victorious over my enemies.

No comments: