Sunday, March 4, 2007

Get the Full Inheritance

Joshua 17:17-18, “But Joshua said to the house of Joseph—to Ephraim and Manasseh-"You are numerous and very powerful. You will have not only one allotment but the forested hill country as well. Clear it, and its farthest limits will be yours; though the Canaanites have iron chariots and though they are strong, you can drive them out."”

The Israelites never really moved into their full inheritance, I don’t want that to be the same with me. In some cases they got it but didn’t completely drive out the people, in other cases they didn’t get the land at all, and in some cases they just settled for the small they had.

God has a plan and an inheritance for me. He has an inheritance for me on this earth and one in heaven. If I want ALL he has for me, I have to exercise my faith in my actions. I’m going to have to sacrifice to get it, I’m going to have to pray, fast, memorize scripture, work hard, labor, have quiet times of silence before God, live as a servant in my house and many other things.

I do not know of one time in Scripture when someone is just sitting around waiting for God to do his will. This is not including the times when ONLY GOD can bring about the answer (Example: when the Assyrian army had surrounded Jerusalem and was going to destroy it but Hezekiah prayed to the Lord and God wiped out the attacking army.).

I want to lay hold of God’s kingdom in every way possible.

Matthew 11:12, “From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.”

No comments: